Jolly originally started his career by completing a bachelor of science in chemistry. Though the degree didn’t go quite as planned, as it took him a lot longer than expected. Jolly was slowly losing interest in his major, chemistry, as well as his minor, mathematics.
- CSE Revue 2002 – Minority Revue
- Med Revue 2003 – 8 Inch
- CSE Revue 2003 – CSE Revue Reloaded
- Terry Pratchett novel adapted for stage by Stephen Briggs 2003 – Guards! Guards!
In 2003 Jolly was elected as a co-director for the following year’s Med Revue and so in 2004, he performed briefly in that show and also came back for another Terry Pratchett play…well originally a novel adapted for stage.
- Med Revue 2004 – (Co-Director) The Cat with the Fat
- Terry Pratchett novel adapted for stage by Stephen Briggs 2004 – Weird Sisters
In 2005 a couple of mates Jolly had met through Med Revue (Craig Simms and Anand Rajan…Dr Anand Rajan) wrote a play and so, in that same year he was on stage once more. Those pesky characters actually decided to write another show the following year and Jolly played a role in that too. Jolly played his first main role in Happy Wings.
- Happy Wings 2005 – Happy Wings
- Grave Intentions 2006 – Grave Intentions
Then it all went quiet…he had done voice overs for a couple of revues over those years as well as the aforementioned shows but by 2007 it all dried up…until…sometime towards the end of 2009, Jeb Cole asked him to audition for a show that Comicide was taking to the Melbourne International Comedy Festival in 2010. And so, as was his fate he was successful in the auditions, went to Melbourne and loved it!
- Work/Life Sentence 2010 – Comicide (Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2010)
This new experience on a larger stage sparked Jolly’s imagination and hopes all over again and so now, who knows where it leads. This is essentially the reason for this site; to post ideas for videos or other sketches and to also start podcasting.
Latest posts by jolly (see all)
- Did Social Media Kill The Rock Star? - May 17, 2017
- What’s Getting in The Road of Sydney’s Traffic Issues - October 22, 2016
- Remember this bastard? Professor Love Machine the third!!! - August 3, 2016